goodtables.io: Continuous tabular data validation¶
Goodtables increases your confidence in your data by performing a number of checks on it. It is able to validate things like:
- Is my CSV valid?
- Do all rows have the same number of columns?
- Are all dates valid?
- Is there any invalid e-mail?
If any of the checks fail, goodtables generates a report telling you which and where the errors occurred.
By adding goodtables to your data publishing workflow, you’ll make sure your data is free from these types of errors.
- Structural checks: Ensure that there are no empty rows, no blank headers, etc.
- Content checks: Ensure that the values have the correct types (“string”, “number”, “date”, etc.), that their format is valid (“string must be an e-mail”), and that they respect the constraints (“age must be a number greater than 18”).
- Support for multiple tabular formats: CSV, Excel, LibreOffice, Data Package, etc.
- Automatically validate data on every update: Support for data on GitHub and Amazon S3.
Table of Contents¶
- Getting started
- The goodtables.yml